10 Nov How To Choose the Perfect Sleeve for Your Body Type
When it comes to picking the right sleeve types, it’s always a good idea to match them to your body type to ensure you have the perfect fit and style that complements your overall look. But how do you know which sleeves are best for your body type? Here’s a quick breakdown.
1. Petite Figure: Those who are naturally thin and short in stature often feel like sleeves overwhelm their body type. If you’re petite, go for a shirt with slightly longer sleeves to ensure it doesn’t slide off your shoulders.
2. Tall Figure: If you’re super tall, opt for a shorter sleeve that doesn’t drag or add too much bulk to your frame. A great style tip is to go with a fitted top with slightly longer sleeves to balance your look.
3. Pear Shape: If you have a smaller top and larger hips, avoid shirt styles like balloon sleeves or puffy sleeves as the extra volume only makes you appear wider than you actually are. Instead, opt for cap sleeves that slim down your shoulder area to accentuate your feminine silhouette.
4. Apple Shape: This body shape has a naturally larger bust and a smaller waistline. A great tip for hiding your mid-section is to wear a shirt with slightly longer sleeves that hit at the hips instead of just under the arm for added volume.
5. Hourglass Figure: The perfect sleeve type will only add to what you already have going on by accentuating your waistline. The best sleeve type for this figure is a slightly shorter sleeve that hits at the wrist or goes just under the arm to add volume and balance out your look.